Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My tiller wont keep running when i engage the tines it shuts…

Customer Question
My tiller wont keep...

My tiller wont keep running when i engage the tines it shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the tiller? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a year old its a cub cadet rt 65 18 inch with honda engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No nothing more my rt 65 model tiller will run it just shuts off

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/29/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Will it restart immediately? If it does, you are starving the engine for fuel. Have you drained the carburetor to be sure it is clean and not filed with water/debris?