Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Generac 5500XL gas operated will idle down. Two to three…

Customer Question
Generac 5500XL gas operated...

Generac 5500XL gas operated will idle down

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two to three times not very long it ran really when I got then started second time when I noticed it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

No ran it out with fuel stabilizer valve is off

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes hopefully

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Checked wireing sprayed and cleaned carb cleaned all it is like new old very nice

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/28/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 3 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

I am a bit unclear about what your issue is. Could you please explain it in more detail?