Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My lawnmower starts when I pour a little gas in carbuerator…

Customer Question
My lawnmower starts when...

My lawnmower starts when I pour a little gas in carbuerator runs for. Couple of seconds then shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes there is fuel in tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you in this matter.
Sounds like the carb needs to be cleaned as you have a clogged fuel jet not allowing fuel from carb to the cylinder