Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Craftsman YT3000 lawn tractor. It cranks but will…

I have a Craftsman...

I have a Craftsman YT3000 lawn tractor. It cranks but will not start. I have new ethanol free fuel,, a new spark plug, a new fuel filter, a new battery and changed the oil. We moved the tractor on a moving van a year ago from TN to FL and this is the first attempt to start it since the move. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

We just purchased the fuel. Where is the shut off valve on this tractor as I have never either opened or shut it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The book says to choke the engine and fuse may be blown. Again, it cranks but seems like it is not getting fuel. shut off valve is where?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

SQUIRT A LITLE CARBCLEANER OR STARTING FLUID INTO THE CARB AND SEE IF IT WILL START BREIFLY. IF IT DOES, THE CARB NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AND CLEANED

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
I installed the spark plug without changing the gap which should be .030 per the book. Is that any issue?
Jon didn't answer my second question about the same topic. May gave been input error.
Spark plug gap is correct.
Not all machines have fuel shut off. It would be inline with the fuel line if it has one