Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a jcb 8016 mini digger and it will not turn over,

Customer Question
I’ve replaced the starter and...
I have a jcb 8016 mini digger and it will not turn over, I’ve replaced the starter and battery, it attempted a couple of turns with the new starter but now you just hear the solid click, any suggestions please?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

When did it last run? Can you turn the engine by hand to ensure it is not locked up? Sound like you have a starter that wants to work, but is not strong enough to spin the engine due to the engine not be being free enough to turn. Could the engine have gotten water in the exhaust? If it could, remove the glow plugs and see if the engine will spin.

I see the question is still open.??