Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Snapper model28" rear engine, 11.5 HP Briges & Straton…

My Snapper model(###) ###-####28"...

My Snapper model(###) ###-####28" rear engine, 11.5 HP Briges & Straton dies out when under torque, or when I make as sharp turn. Mostly coming out of sharp turn. Engine does not die completely.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Bought it 2013 from All Right Mowers in Rosenberg Texas. I turn mower up on back to sharpen blade. It seemed to have gotten oil n top of cyl. Hard to start at first & smoked some, but the cleared up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. I have change the spark plug & fuel filter. Thought about changing all the kill switches.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really, has always run great.

3/26/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

did this start this when you tipped it

to sharpen blades, or been doing this

After I tipped it up. Never before. However I have tipped it before. Also I over filled with oil after that since it leaked out. Drained it down to dip stick acceptable level since then

Thank you for the response

it takes a while to get the oil to burn out of the chambers

and some went into the carb, I suggest to replace the plugs and

add some seafoam 2-3 oz to the gas to help clean that out

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Thank you. I have a bottle of chevron Techron. Would that do the same thing

Hi

Would not work as well as SeaFoam,

it cleans the Jets, read the bottle and see if does same thing

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

So I get the credit for the question

MorningJust following up with youDid my answer help youWayne
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder