Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I took my 07 CRV to the car wash and did a pre-soak on the…

Customer Question
Hi. I took my...

Hi. I took my 07 CRV to the car wash and did a pre-soak on the engine and then rinsed off with a low pressure spot free rinse. Drove home fine but today just turns Oder, won't fire. What have I done?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

My mom had this vehicle since new and it has only 38000 km on it . Never any problems and a stickler for regular Honda services.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I know the engine is DOHC so probably best not to spray wash, but I had a lapse in judgment. Until I got my hands on it the vehicle ran perfectly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/25/2018
Technician: eauto, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
eauto
eauto, Mechanic

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Any codes? Do we know if it has spark?

No codes. Apparently it has spark as I left the hood open for the afternoon and just tried it again just now and tired right up. Sigh..thanks anyway.

Ok