Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a welder generator with a 220 job engine it doesn't…

Customer Question
Have a welder generator...
Have a welder generator with a 220 job engine it doesn't seem to get enough fuel under a load at idle it runs ok the fuel filter only has a small amount of fuel in it I can weld for awhile then it dies out
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Small Engine
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It is a 220 ohv engine model #p220giohv_2711a
3/25/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 29 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Make a test line and attach it to the fuel pump inlet, and into a separate fuel container and see if it picks up the load. If it runs like it should, you have a restriction or a suction leak, before the fuel pump.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok what do you think

Did you see my response, scroll up!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I pulled fuel line out of tank and put it in a container with fuel still wouldn't fill fuel filter

But you didn't take it directly from the fuel pump. The filter will never show completely full when the engine is running.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It's a vacuum fuel pump with three ports one for fuel inlet one for vacuum from crankcase one to carburetor could be not enough vacuum or I should just hook u line on fuel port to exterior gas can but it runs it just doesnt over a period of time

Pulse fuel pump, and you would want to attach test line to the inlet port. If it starts off ok and gets worse as day go on, the fuel tank outlet would be suspect.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
what's your answer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What is fuel tank outlet it has a brass elbow where fuel line attaches goes through a rubber grommet with a pickup line going into tank
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I did compression test both around 100 is that good tried everything I could think of to resolve problem

Something loose in the fuel tank, or restriction ib the fuel line before the filter?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Have tried blowing air into fuel tank to fill filter that didn't work
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
you think the problem is before fuel pump I'll check it out tomorrow

Yes, thanks.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 24 days ago

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician