Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

On the cub Sr1554 does the transmition linkage rod attach to…

Customer Question
On the cub Sr1554...

On the cub Sr1554 does the transmition linkage rod attach to the outside or the inside of the pedal bracket and does it go into the lower hole or the upper hole of the pedal bracket

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since I had to replace the pedal shaft assembly when I got the tractor. I put the rod end on the inside upper hole of the pedal rod bracket first but the rod hit the cross bolt keeping the pedal from moving so I moved the rod to the lower hole the pedal worked but the rod travel does not seem enough to activate the transmition speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/25/2018
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician

Hello, what is the full model number from the sticker under the seat? (13Wxxxxxxxxx)