Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 2008 Civic is overheating and there are no leaks. It was…

My 2008 Civic is...

My 2008 Civic is overheating and there are no leaks. It was checked thoroughly by a frjemd wbo worked as a mechanic for years.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Where could the coolant be going?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I might have a friend help. I don't have much money for repairs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, I don't know where I am to chat with someone...someone who has familiarity with this type of problem

3/24/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

What you are describing is a head gasket

failing overheat no leaks that is a head gasket

look at your oil fill cap if it looks milky a bit if yes a head gasket

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

It is not milky at all.

Hi thank you for the response

OK, that is good, it is not full blown

go to auto parts store get a bottle of gas leak test

follow directions on the bottle and pour in the radiator

then use test strips in kit to check for gases

What will this do...does it show me what the problem would be and how to remedy it?

Hi

Thank you for that

that will show you if you have gases in the coolant

and the head gasket needs to be replaced

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

so I get the credit for the question

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder