Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Ariens riding mower blades will not disengage. Ariens 17.5…

Ariens riding mower blades...

Ariens riding mower blades will not disengage

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Ariens 17.5 hp 42" 93604600 5 yrs

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Will try...depending

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

They disengage when engine shut off

3/24/2018
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

ok
weather very cold today, I have to work outside. maybe tell me what to ck and maybe a call on another day. might work

Sounds like the blade brakes are worn and need to be replaced. Here is a diagram of your deck and part numbers that will be needed

Link to mower deck assembly. https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/93604600/3071/1509200.htmlhttps://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/93604600/3071/1509200.html

You will need #53 in the diagram to repair this issue. you should have one on each side of the deck.

No call is needed. we can resolve this and get you going without a phone call

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

which diagram has the blade brakes
is it the blade brake arm thats #53

yes it is. check this one thing also first though. when you move the lever to engage and disengage the blades, does the pulley on the deck tighten and loosen the deck belt. could be a stuck cable and/or pulley system

will ck first
ok how can I get you for more questions if needed

just respond like you have been. I am avail after rating also

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician