Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 7000/8000 generator. I haven't used in over a year…

Customer Question
I have a 7000/8000...

I have a 7000/8000 generator. I haven't used in over a year the battery is dead. Is there a way I can charge it up. I tried starting with the pull crank but the gas might have ganked the carb.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Assume the valve is open since i have never touched it and the fuel has been in there for a while

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I attach a male to male to the electric to my house and charge the battery

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/24/2018
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 3 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.
No, you can not attach a male to male from your home to charge it. You could attach jumper cables from your vehicle to it or an actual battery charger.
Thank you for choosing to use our services. Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.