Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I just got my new 54-inch Raptor SD home today, and I can’t…

I just got my...

I just got my new 54-inch Raptor SD home today, and I can’t get the mower deck out of transport position. When I run across the yard, I just top the tallest grass (weeds). The foot petal is stuck. I have pulled the height pin out and tried other holes. To no avail. Help!!

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hustler Raptor SD

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends! Just paid over $4,000 and hauled it 20 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so. The manual just has a short paragraph like it is obvious. It’s not!

3/24/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Transport locking lever is locked in position See page 3.7 in the owners manual. Push on the pedal, release the lever and let deck down to the set level.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician