Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a road trek rv. There is a onan 2.8 or 2.5 kW. it…

Customer Question
I have a road...

I have a road trek rv. There is a onan 2.8 or 2.5 kW. it surges every 1or 2 seconds under any load. Can not use. .

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started about 2 mo ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I had it over to a RV service they ran carb cleaner for a couple of hours said it may ned a nw carb

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was thinking I need to know a good Onan service co in Ventura county Ca

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/24/2018
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 4 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician
Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you. Did they actually remove and clean the carburetor or just run a cleaner through the fuel system? If just a cleaner through the system then you need to actually remove the carb and give it a good thorough cleaning which should solve your running issue.