Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The engine starts to run, then it starts to backfire and…

Customer Question
The engine starts to...

The engine starts to run, then it starts to backfire and shuts down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

This tank does not have a shutoff valve. I removed the gas line and let the tank drain into a container, I removed the tank and turned it over to make sure nothing was in the tank. I put the tank on and used fresh gas, reattached the fuel line, It started then it backfired again and stopped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Any suggestions

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/24/2018
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician

H​ello, what is engine make and model?