Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a crary bearcat /shreeder model 1020 fuel pump not…

I have a crary...

I have a crary bearcat chipper/shreeder model 1020 fuel pump not pulling fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the chipper? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its about 20years old she last ran was a year ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Chipper has new fuel, new spark plug, a new battery oil and filter changed

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

If you attach test line to the fuel pump inlet and drop it into a fuel container. will it pump? If it does, the fuel suction, before the fuel pump, is not vacuum tight, and the fuel pump will not work. Check the tank outlet, and hoses, up to the fuel pump.

Thank you for your help
I got it to bring fuel to regain but now it's flooding the caburator what could be the problem

The carburetor needle valve and float are not controlling the fuel into the bowl, causing the flooding. The needle valve needs cleaning or replaced.

thank You for you advice, changed needle valve, and gaskets no more flooding. new problem carburetor not flooding bowls filling up with gas, gas is not not moving out of bowl engine wont start

Does bowl fill but no fuel to the cylinder? The bowl bolt and the passage it screws ito are the main jet, that is where fuel is sucked into the cylinder. I assume there is no solenoid in the base of the carburetor.

Has no solenoid its a kohler engine model number CH20S and spec number is *****

Check and clean the main jet!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician