Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have bought a truck with an Onan 3.6kw generator which has…

Customer Question
Hi, I have bought...

Hi, I have bought a truck with an Onan 3.6kw generator which has only done 39 hour since 2002. It cranks over well but does not fire. I have put in fresh fuel but thought it would be good to drain the carb. Is there a screw to remove or does the whole bowl detach. Cheers, Rex ***, Auckland , New Zealand

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I will go and get the model number.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model number 3.6kyfr33742k, manufactured in 1996

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The truck was professionally set up as a mobile clinic but the generator was never used.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
I intend to do the work myself.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

remove the bottom of the bolt from the carb bowl and drain it that

way. Also take the spark plug out and pour a teaspoonful of gas

into the hole insert s/plug and start, do this several times

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Hi

Just checking in

Do you need any more help with this ??

Hi Wayne,
I have just got your response, not sure why it took so long for the email to come.Anyway, found a clip on Youtube which was helpful. There is no fuel getting to the carb even though the tank is full but couldn't get the bottom front steel panel off to find where the fuel line went ( 2x Torx bolts) and if there is a tap on it.I am in Perth Australia for 2 weeks so will do as you suggested when I get back and also find the reason for no fuel supply.Will update you once done.Regards,
Rex Davis

Thanks, Rex