Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 4kyfr26100b gen. it starts and runs good when the…

Customer Question
I have a 4kyfr26100b...

I have a 4kyfr26100b gen. it starts and runs good when the temp. is cool but when it get warmer above 80 it will start and runfor a short time maybe min. then shuts down and wont restart?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes it will run for hrs when the outside temp is cool

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I have been a mechanic for over 40 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time. what do you think is wrong?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/23/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

do you have spark at the plug once it shuts down and will not restart

I did not check that. when it is shuting down it surges for a short time befor it stops. the temp is cool hear today so it is running good today.

if you do not have spark after shut down, I would say the ignition coil is no good, but we will need it to shut down before it can be tested