Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Z force 44 53AA5D2L100 safety switches and PTO switch. 2…

Customer Question
Z force 44 53AA5D2L100...

Z force 44 53AA5D2L100 safety switches and PTO switch

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I engage PTO engine stops. I have jumped braked switch-put clamps on lap bars- unplugged PTO under mower-put jumper on seat switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cub cadet Z force 44 53AA5D2L100 serial #2E093Z00025 maybe 15 yrs. old

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/23/2018
Technician: MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician replied 5 months ago
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am here to help you. To start off, you don't want to jump the seat switch. It must be opened to be bypassed. You'll also need to look inside the plug to see if there's a safety jumper. If there is you can use a small pick or screw driver to pop it out. I'll include a pic. If you see the movable piece of plastic between the terminals, that's got to go. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and thanks for using Just Answer!

-Brian

I had to leave and could not finish my conversation. The answer you gave was one I had already checked out so it did not help. I would like to continue this conversation without having to pay again since you did not actually help with my problem. Can we do that?
When can I expect an answer
I am happy to help until we resolve your problem. You didn't mention anything about the seat switch other than jumping it, that's why I started there. So you now have the plug open, correct?
Have you checked the reverse switches yet? And once running, you may need to simulate the brake being disengaged before turning on deck. I can't remember if that matters or not.
I have put clamps on the lap bar switches, brake switch, unplugged wire at PTO under deck. Unplugged PTO switch and checked with ohm meter. working properly. engine starts . when I release any of the clamps or engage PTO engine stops.
Ok, I need to go through the wiring diagram again and I am not where it is. I can get back with you in two hours and continue or, if you wish, I can opt out and let someone else jump in now.
I would like someone else,but I have to leave now to go to an event. what site do I go to when I continue?
Same conversation
Thank you
24 March 2018 10:45