Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I HAVE A TROYBUILT 50" EROTURN, KEEPS BOLWING THE FUSE AT…

Customer Question
I HAVE A TROYBUILT...

I HAVE A TROYBUILT 50" EROTURN , KEEPS BOLWING THE FUSE AT THE BATTERY?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

WELL OVER THE LAST 2 TO 3 YEARS I HAVE REPLACED THE FUSE 2 MAYBE 3 TIMES HOWEVER THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE TRIED TO USE THIS YEAR AND IT CRANKED AN RUN ABOUT 45 SEC AND BLEW THE FUSE, I REPLACED THE FUSE IT CRANKED AND RAN ABOUT 45 SEC AND BLEW THE FUSE, SO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HAD IT BLOW THIS QUICK

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

WELL IT DEPENDS ON WHAT IT IS , I AM 70 AND NOT AS LEMBER AS I USTO BE, BUT HOPEFULLY YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

ONLY THAT I HAVE HAD BOTH KNEES REPLCED AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO KNEEL

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 28 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Blowing fuse is a sign of a short in one of the systems. With mowers, it can be as simple as seat switch or harness shorting out with bare wires, or the stator, (alternator) having a short in it or the voltage regulator, or the fuel solenoid in the carburetor. Will it blow fuse if you do NOT have the blades engaged? If so, the wires to the electric clutch, or the electric clutch can be shorted.

Fuel solenoid, energizes as soon as the key is turned on and has to stay engaged, or it kills the engine, It can be shorted, so see if it is too hot to touch when the engine dies.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 24 days ago

I see the question is still open.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician