Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Cruise golf cart, will not run in reverse, and looses power…

Customer Question
Cruise golf cart, will...

Cruise golf cart, will not run in reverse, and looses power when going up hill

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

4 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Cannot find cruise cart repair shop in this area, will try to do work myself. Have replaced batteries.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Batteries show full charge, back up indicator beeps, everything else seems to be okay. will not go in reverse, on flat ground runs well, anytime up hill will lose power

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/23/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The cart has a manual f/r switch behind the knee. Swap the f/r cables and see if the cart will now drive in reverse and has no forward. If it does, you need a new f/r switch. As for the power on hills, attach test voltmeter with some long leads to the battery pack, and observe voltage readings as you drive. If the voltage is dropping, that indicates bad cable connections or a battery that is dropping voltage.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago

I see the question is still open.??