Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

What would cause a large amount of diesel fuel to enter the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] What would...

Second opinion] What would cause a large amount of diesel fuel to enter the crankcase of a perkins 4 cylinder and to run out all over the ground?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just happened pumped out about 3 gallons in 10 minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's in a skidsteer and I'm out in the middle of nowhere Wyoming

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Technician: MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you. I will need the brand and the model and serial number of your unit to get specific, but you may have a ruptured diaphragm, perhaps in a mechanical fuel pump. Bot***** *****ne is that amount of fuel in that time frame probably isn't going through the injectors, so it's a slave system failure that your looking for. Please get me the numbers and we'll dig deeper in.