Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Snow blower starts with difficulty, runs with knocking for a…

Customer Question
Snow blower starts with...

Snow blower starts with difficulty, runs with knocking for a minute and shuts down. Also got a spark/small blowing noise/spark when started.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fuel is pretty clean. I don't have fuel shutoff valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will try to

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/22/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 4 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

what is the make and model of the engine

Toro Clear 721 Model 38741

Thank you for the response

Let me pul that file up

Are you responding?

Thank you for the wait

What you are describing is the carb jet

is partly plugged lack /or over fuel

I suggest to rebuild the carb or replace it

sometimes it is cheaper to replace than rebuild

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Do you mean carb partially clogged resulting in lack of or excess fuel?

HI

Yes that is correct the jet in the carb

shall I replace the entire carb, and is it easy to do?

Hi

Yes I suggest doing that

take a Pic of the 2 linkage rods, yes easy to do

2 bolts

Thanks Wayne. So the linkage rods hold the carb in place?

Hi

NO, the 2 screws that hold the air cleaner on holds the carb on

I just want you to get the linkage rods on correct

the tip is a Z

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??