Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The problem is with the shear bolts--the ends of one are…

The problem is with...

The problem is with the shear bolts--the ends of one are both broken off-no way to replace- now what?.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just broke this morning, very heavy snow

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do I need to use an "easy out"? can I just drill the bolt out? what>

3/22/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi Earnest

, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

the best way is get the holes lined up again and punch it out

if you can not do that, then yes drill it out

the bolts are soft Grade 3

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder