Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an hs929 snowblower. The auger break was broken, got…

Customer Question
I have an hs929...

I have an hs929 snowblower. The auger break was broken, got new part but the 4 springs got mixed up and I can't fine a diagram or photo of how they fit back into place. I have the two larger springs on the auger with the larger of the two up top and same with the 2 for the drive. I assume that the smaller bottom spring holds the idler pulley away from the belt and that there is little or no tension on the upper/bigger spring when the the levers are not engaged. I can't get it all adjusted to make that happen

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few hours

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have above average mechanical skills. I rebuild race car engines

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Did you read my original post

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/22/2018
Technician: MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you. Can you provide me with the full model and serial number? I'm having trouble finding your unit. Thanks