Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I can't get my garage door to open. We installed it about 6…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my garage door to open. We installed it about 6 or 7 years ago and it has worked fine since then. It's a Chamberlain but I can't figure out how come it won't open now.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today...I am expecting delivery of a freezer for the garage, and now I can't get the garage door open. (My husband passed away last year, so no help there.)

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sure...I installed the opener with my husband a long time ago and he used to open the garage door when he was arriving home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am 71 years old...and I believe I can get up on the ladder, if necessary. I have done some painting in my home with no problem using the ladder. I just can't figure out why the doors won't open. I have installed new batteries in the openers. No luck.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/21/2018
Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Do you know how to disengage the door from the opener?

Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave