Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I put the oil where the gas goes by a mistake. Just now. I…

Customer Question
I put the oil...

I put the oil where the gas goes by a mistake

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was getting ready to snow plow my driveway

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/21/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

you will need to drain the fuel tank. did you try to turn engine over after you put the oil in the tank?

should be able to just drain the tank and clean all the oil out. put in fresh fuel and start machine

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

No, I did not try to turn the engine over after I put the oil in.

just drain it all out and then clean the fuel tank. you should be fine to start machine afterwards

I have s Ariens 28 deluxe snow blower i brought in 1/19/2016. I am trying to find the fuel line.

you just need a standard 1/4" fuel line. can be purchased at any small engine shop or auto parts store