Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My mower just died while mowing yet it has plenty of fuel.

Customer Question
My mower just died...

My mower just died while mowing yet it has plenty of fuel. It did not shudder, it just died.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cub Cadet RZT. It is about 5 years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Battery died over the winter/non-use. Replaced the battery with a new one.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/21/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY TO START

Nothing happens. It is like the emergency brake is not on or the PTO is on.

Check the fuse first, then Try jumping the solenoid if fuse is good. Follow the red wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, but will not start, you are going to have a bad safety switch. if it does start, see if you can engage the blades and/or drive the machine

let me know how it goes and we will troubleshoot from there