Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Generac pressure washer. The engine runs good, but…

Customer Question
I have a Generac...

I have a Generac pressure washer. The engine runs good, but now it shuts down automatically after a few minutes of power washing. Is there a pump problem or a cut off valve I may need to disassemble or replace?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the pressure washer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's about 3-4 years old. I can get make and model # but it will take me a few minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's not too involved I think I could manage it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/20/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

A typical pressure washer can have an oil level or oil pressure switch that will kill the engine, if oil was not correct, or it gave a false reading. What engine do you have, or what is the model number of the Generac?

It has an OHV 196 cc engine. 2700 psi 2.3 hon. Is it possible I overfilled the oil? There are 2 oil cocks and they are angled. A bit difficult for me to read correctly.

Briggs engine or Honda? Oil can be overfilled.

I can’t tell who made the engine. It just says Generac on it

Model of the Generac washer?

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago

I see the question is still open.??