Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My husky riding lawn mower runs fine, but sporadically

Customer Question
My husky riding lawn...

My husky riding lawn mower runs fine, but sporadically looses power as though it is running on one cylinder. the problem goes away but reoccurs.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

At least 10 years old, YTH2242t model # 279180 42" deck two cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It isn't plugs or air filter (both new) and the engine never quits, stalls, or smokes. jut looses power for a while

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/20/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 4 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

What engine do you have on the unit??

hello,
the engine is a Briggs & Stratton 22hp twin, intek.
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 3 months ago

Hi

Thank you for the response

1st check the valves adjustment both valves 0.005

if ok , rebuild the carb

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​