Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

If the drive cable is over tightened can that cause the pump…

Customer Question
If the drive cable...

If the drive cable is over tightened can that cause the pump to fail in your transmission on the CHR commercial or crh commercial walk-behind

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

I had it serviced and they over tighten my cable when I got it back the drive wasn't working correctly and they were trying to tell me that over tightening my cable was not an issue during the service they didn't attempt to put any new fluid in the transmission for when they put fluid in the transmission after I took it back they claimed that that didn't change anything and that it was a prior issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Commercial?

I am guessing it's probably 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commercial yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well the first thing I tried to do is get them to take care of the issue because I feel that when they over tighten my cable they put extra where on the transmission I was unable to cut it lawn after the service were before the service I was able to cuddle on with the dry working correctly but slightly slow

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My big thing is is it over tightening the drive cable can cause the pump in the transmission to fail

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Tightening the drive cable will not damage the drive pump. It could do no more than bend the lever if tightened too tight. Was the operating lever bent?