Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Gasoline is leaking out of tank on my Quantum 12F-802.

Customer Question
Gasoline is leaking out...

Gasoline is leaking out of tank on my Quantum 12F-802

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Engine that is on my Ex-cell gas pressure washer.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the pressure washer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The washer was working fine a few years ago. I was planning to clean my courtyard, fill the tank with gasket it all leaked out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its a Ex-cell 1750 psi model no. EXWGV 1721. Its at least ten years old but was used sparingly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It doesn't start easily. I have to puy gas in the spark plug hole for starting.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/20/2018
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 5 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Hello I am Donald. I will be happy to assist you.
The unit was in the garage for a year or so after the last use. The last use went fine with no problems. I wanted to water
blast my driveway, filled the tank with gas but it all leaked out.

Is the gas leaking from your fuel tank or from your carburetor ?

If the gas is leaking from your fuel tank, you will need to replace your fuel tank. If it is leaking from your carburetor, you float could be sticking.

blast my driveway, filled the tank with gas but it all leaked out. I'm not sure. I don't know if this small engine has a
carburetor. Gas seemed to be leaking out of tank. Could it be a line ? All of the gas leaked out of the tank. Jd
I would I know if it is leaking from the tank or carburetor?

You may have a hairline crack in your fuel tank.

How would I know if it is leaking from the tank or carburetor? How to reach the tank?

After your engine starts up, will it continue to run?

Your fuel tank have 3 screws in the top it that secures it to your engine.

I attached a link to a video that shows how to remove your fuel tank, if you need to remove it in order to inspect it for a leak.

If your engine will continue to run after it starts up, this could indicate that the gas is leaking from your underneath your carburetor fuel bowl or from your fuel tank.

We can continue from here.

Also, check your oil to see if any of the gas mixed in with it.