Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

It takes my Z425 a lot of cranking before it starts. I have…

Customer Question
It takes my Z425...

It takes my Z425 a lot of cranking before it starts

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes I have fuel in the tank and valve is open. it happens everytime

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible,yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/20/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

what you are describing is 1 of 2 issues

your needle an seat is worn in the carb and let the gas run back to the tank, or the fuel pump is weak

I suggest to start with and replace the fuel pump

The part number is # LG 808656

I hope this helps you

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:
normal">
My goal is to give you the best experience possible.<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:
normal">I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:
normal">Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:
normal">If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.