Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Freedom Z lawnmower, 5 years old, first time to startit this…

Customer Question
Scag Freedom Z lawnmower...

Scag Freedom Z lawnmower, 5 years old, first time to startit this year: Will start but it will not move

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Engine starts,

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/19/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Mower has a single belt that goes from the engine to the two transaxles. this is the only common component. Either the unit is in freewheel, so it can be pushed, or this drive belt is off a pulley or broken.

See page 10 in the manual link below.