Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2013 ECH 750 which is not getting fuel to the

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 ECH 750 which is not getting fuel to the combustion chamber. My mechanic says he is getting a fault code of 10551361. Can you tell me what it means?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The engine quit and could not get it to crank about 6 months ago. I got busy and finally found someone to help me with it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

The engine is on my paraglider that I bought new almost three years ago. I have had health issues and only got to fly it three times before having this problem. The engine only has a little over five hours.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My friend and I were trying to determine what it could be and now a little over our heads. None the less, we are trying to manage. My friend is a very good small engine mechanic but has never worked on an EFI.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know at this point.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/20/2018
Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
we still need information. My mechanic says he can get the engine to turn, but no fuel getting to the chamber. He has reminded me that he is not very familiar with electronic ignition / fuel injection.
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 3 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will try to assist you with this issue.

During the time that the engine would not crank or you were having issues with it cranking did you by chance put a battery charger on the unit or a booster on the machine and try to crank the engine?

Not sure but I'm guessing my mechanic did use cables since the battery has not had a chance to charge in months. If this were the case what problems would this cause?

If you have used jumper cables, battery charger or jump/booster box on this machine and tried to start it you could damage the ECU or computer that controls everything. That would cause you to have a no fuel issue and possibly even a no spark issue as well as other problems.

Can you tell if the fuel pump is coming on and pumping?