Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The lawn mower sat up for 4 months - drained gas then - put…

Customer Question
The lawn mower sat...

The lawn mower sat up for 4 months - drained gas then - put in new gas - new spark plug

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

And it won't start - used some starter fluid and it would turn over but wouldn't continue to run--bought it last year from Home Depot

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No can't think of anything else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/19/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Does it have a bowl on the bottom of the carburetor? Loosen the bowl bolt and see if it has fuel in it, or possibly water, that needs to be drained from the carb. If it has water the carburetor likely needs to be cleaned.