Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My riding lawnmower dies as soon as you let off the brake,

Customer Question
Second opinion] my riding...

Second opinion] my riding lawnmower dies as soon as you let off the brake, or try to put it in gear or engage the blades.. its aa craftsman,poulan or any other generic lawnmower....

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just got it from a pawn shop as is....

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, im an ase tech and was an aircraft mechanic for 30 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Some idiot bypassed the seat switch and just twisted all 3 black wires together

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Model number fo the mower? It sounds like it will take rewiring the safety circuit to get the seat switch and brake switch working correctly. the safety switches complete the negative side of the circuit on most mowers.