Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a troy-built bronco riding mower blades will not

Have a troy-built bronco...

Have a troy-built bronco riding mower blades will not engage, belts appear to be okay what do you think the problem may be.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Troy-built, Bronco is the model. I would estimate it's about five years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

3/19/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

I would start with checking the fuse for the PTO

if good check make sure you are getting 12v at the PTO

in the plug, if yes the PTO failed

I hope this helped you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the fuse for the PTO located.

Hi

Thank you for the response

in the battery box or under the dash

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I'm not at the mower at this time, will apply your info when I get home.

Thank You

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder