Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a troy-built bronco riding mower blades will not

Have a troy-built bronco...

Have a troy-built bronco riding mower blades will not engage, belts appear to be okay what do you think the problem may be.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Troy-built, Bronco is the model. I would estimate it's about five years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

3/19/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

I would start with checking the fuse for the PTO

if good check make sure you are getting 12v at the PTO

in the plug, if yes the PTO failed

I hope this helped you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Where is the fuse for the PTO located.

Hi

Thank you for the response

in the battery box or under the dash

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Thank you. I'm not at the mower at this time, will apply your info when I get home.

Thank You