Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My club cadet enduro series riding mower starts, runs &

Customer Question
My club cadet enduro...

My club cadet enduro series riding mower starts, runs & mows, but will not move forward or backwards under it's own power. The hydrostatic bypass lever does not seem to have an effect on the ability to push the mower by hand. I cannot see anything amiss with the forward/reverse foot pedal linkage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes, and yes. as I stated the motor starts and runs normally.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I just need to get the lawn mowede b/4 Easter Sunday.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
3/19/2018
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 month ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

how does the belt look? Is it on and around all pullies

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks fine, and it's spinning the pulley on the top of the transmission.

can you move the lever that is on the transmission attached to the bypass rod manually by hand

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm thinking the problem may be that the relief valves in the transmission are stuck open.

no matter what position the bypass valve is in, you are unable to push machine or able to in both positions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm able to push the tractor forwards and backwards no matter what position the bypass lever is in. I think I will try warming up the transmission and rapidly alternating the position of the bypass lever and the forward/reverse foot pedal.

have the rear tires been off recently? Did it quit moving while using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rear tires have never been off. It was working fine before it was last parked.

sounds like you are correct and the relief valve inside the transaxle is stuck. being as it was only sitting. belt tightens on the pulleys when pedal is applied, but mower moves nowhere, not much else it can be besides an internal issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks...we'll see how it goes.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician