Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Xcaliber 3166 won’t start. Just makes beeping sound when key…

Customer Question
Xcaliber 3166 won’t start...

Xcaliber 3166 won’t start. Just makes beeping sound when key is turned on. Park brake is set.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes,, I run super in my tanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, it shouldn’t be anything major. I just got back from shop and it was running fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It ran fine the day before

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/19/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is the battery voltage? Is it above 12.5 volts? Seat switch and harness ok? Pto off?

It ran fine the day before, so whatever it is happened after I turned it off. Battery is good, pto is off as well. I sprayed contact cleaner on the seat switch

If you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid, can you jump the switch wire to the battery cable terminal, and get the engine to spin? This is the quick test of battery, cables, and starter solenoid and starter.

I don’t guess I understand jump the switch wireto the battery cable wire. Does that mean the other wire that’s coming in at the solenoid with the positive wire hook that up to like it’s the positive?

The switch wire from the key switch goes to the solenoid, to close it. So touching the switch wire to the battery cable terminal is the same connection the key switch makes when you go to start.