Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Xcaliber 3166 won’t start. Just makes beeping sound when key

Customer Question

Xcaliber 3166 won’t start. Just makes beeping sound when key is turned on. Park brake is set.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes,, I run super in my tanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, it shouldn’t be anything major. I just got back from shop and it was running fine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It ran fine the day before
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What is the battery voltage? Is it above 12.5 volts? Seat switch and harness ok? Pto off?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It ran fine the day before, so whatever it is happened after I turned it off. Battery is good, pto is off as well. I sprayed contact cleaner on the seat switch

If you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid, can you jump the switch wire to the battery cable terminal, and get the engine to spin? This is the quick test of battery, cables, and starter solenoid and starter.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don’t guess I understand jump the switch wireto the battery cable wire. Does that mean the other wire that’s coming in at the solenoid with the positive wire hook that up to like it’s the positive?

The switch wire from the key switch goes to the solenoid, to close it. So touching the switch wire to the battery cable terminal is the same connection the key switch makes when you go to start.