Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Yamaha G22A gas engine gold. I have a Yamaha G22…

Customer Question
I have a Yamaha...

I have a Yamaha G22A gas engine gold

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

I have a Yamaha G22 gas engine go

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry I keep hitting enter in error. My golf cart will not shut off. I have to drive into a tree and get out and choke it by stuffing someinthing in breather hole

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have replace relay sensor and pedal switch - could it be a stuck selionoid

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/18/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Have you replaced the stop relay? # 1 in the wiring diagram below.

Where can I find the diagram?

Scroll up!

I’m sorry, but I don’t see a diagram anywhere? Or even a link to one
I guess I haven’t. I replaced the relay. But based on diagram I’m not sure where the engine stop in located

All the relays and switches should be in the battery box with the starter solenoid.

I have replaced it. This is what I replaced 4U8-81950-02-00 RELAY ASSY.
Could it be a stuck solenoid? When pedal is released and they pedal switch is send signal that the solenoid is still sending current?

The solenoid would keep the starter/generator turning. More likely a bad stop switch on foot pedal or relay stuck.

Foot pedal switch was replaced and now that a look at diagram it was the stop switch that was replaced

Stop relay has to ground out the ignition to kill the engine, is it working?

How would I test that ?

Check the kill wire to the coil, to see if it goes to ground when you try to kill it.