Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My snowblower model 19A40020100 the winch number is 105247.

My snowblower model 19A40020100...

My snowblower model 19A40020100 the winch number is *****

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Started on Friday morning. I tried to lower the blower but it would not go when I took things apart. I found the cable wound so tight I had to take blower off etc. the winch does not seem to allow the blower to go down

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Has nothing do wo with fuel... this is the winch that allows the blower to raise and lower..

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,,,,,my question is simple...do winch motors turn both ways..to raise and to lower OR......does the weight of the blower lowers the blower

the winch seems to make a lot of noise raising.
3/18/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

Does the winch run in reverse ??

did you try to jump power to it ??

winch only runs one way
winch is on the front of a Cub Cadet tractor and is part number105247
only used to lift and lower snowblower

Hi

Thank you for the response

Then I am not sure I understand your issue

the winch cable gets too tight winding up it binds ??

the winch does not allow the blower to lower....
not wound too tight...winch does not run in reverse
when I flip the switch to lower...nothing happens...no noise ..nothing.
it only runs in one direction

Thank you for that

I will opt-out and post back to the board for another expert

will I be charged a second time now?????
I will not approve a second charge as I have not had my question answered
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

You will not be charged again. The winch has to run in both directions and is controlled by the relay shown below.

are you saying I need a new winch?

The relay has to reverse the winch motor, are you getting voltage from the relay in the down position?

Swap the two cables on the winch and see if it runs in opposite direction, If it does, winch in good.

I don't know as I do not have any equipment to test that. I just know if I flip the switch to raise the snowblower it turns to lif... When I flip the switch to lower... I get nothing at all
Ok. I will try that.. If it down turn then it is the relay switch that is mounted behind the dash of tractor?>

Can you swap the two cables on the winch motor?

should the winch be quiet when it is turning?

It is going to make noise. but should not be excessive.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I have taken the motor off so it is easily accessible so I can do that.
ok. so bot***** *****ne is if I switch the wire connections on the winch and it now turns in the opposite direction then the winch itself is ok but the relay switch is not working
thank you

Yes, thank you!

Ok., I put everything back together and now just have to buy the relay and install. Thanks as you saved me buying the winch itself

Thank you!