Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need a wiring diagram for a deere 116. Just a few days...I…

I need a wiring...

I need a wiring diagram for a john deere 116

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few days...I just bought the mower used

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

John Deere 116 mid 80's

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ma'am, just need the wiring diagram

3/17/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

See if this looks to be yours. See link below.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think so, I have recently bought a john deere 116 to restore and there are 2 wires that are not going to anything that I can't seem to find out where they goOne is a red wire that is grouped with a white and yellow white...the yellow wire goes to the anti-backfire solenoid and the white wire seems to be a ground of some sort...not sure what the red is forThe other wire is a black wire that runs under the base of the flywheel towards the front of the mowerI have looked around the area the wires could possibly fit and can't seem to figure it out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I saw another post with this diagram but it said it was for a 116 H and mine does not have hydrostatic

Should be no difference other than the neutral switch

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, well im still not sure where the wires are going but thank you anyway for your time

The two Purple wires for neutral switch go to the top of the transmission where the switch is.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to trace a red wire and a black wire that are bare towards the front of the mower...there doesn't appear to be any terminals for them to go to...

Black is going to be the ground, red is power, are there any lights?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are no lights

Did it ever have lights?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No sir it did not

Traceback and see what is source of the red wire.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you for your time

Thank you!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician