Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a onan gen set 1 Generator I’m not getting any power…

Customer Question
I have a onan...

I have a onan gen set 1 Generator I’m not getting any power out breakers not thrown where do I begin to look

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model number is ***** 4.0B as in boy G is in George is in Edward – 1R/26109E and as far as how old it is I’m going to say 98/99

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how extensive it is I just got done fixing the motor on it it runs great now no I just figured out the damn things not putting out any power

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/17/2018
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 4 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
If the genset is running, it is putting out power. It will not run otherwise.
You said you checked the breakers, so I am assuming you mean the breakers in the coach, as this genset only has 1 breaker. Have you checked it?
What work did you do on the engine?