Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a dead short somewhere. even whth the fuse out when i…

Customer Question
I have a dead...

I have a dead short somewhere. even whth the fuse out when i touch the negitive cable to the battery it sparkes .

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just got the LTX1046 w/ kolher from father in law because he didnt want to be bothered with it . found fusean replaced it. as soon as battery cable is connected,fuse blowes even with key off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.removed solonoid,cleaned terminals ,checked for function, seems to work ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the small switch down on the sideof the transmission near all the linkage?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/17/2018
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 5 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

an easy way to find the short is disconnect

components 1 by 1, start with the starter, remove the cable, from starter touch the neg cable if it sparks not the issue

then do this to the stator, the same thing

if all check well the positive cable from battery to starter

is shorted

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??