Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Toro will turn over but not start. It does not have power…

Customer Question
My Toro will turn...

My Toro will turn over but not start. It does not have power going to the coils

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes to both

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I put new coils and voltage regulator on. It has power going to and out of the voltage regulator

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/17/2018
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 4 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, to see if your engine will start up and run briefly.