Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have antifreeze leak from the back of the engine on my…

Customer Question
I have antifreeze leak...

I have antifreeze leak from the back of the engine on my 2004 Honda civic 1.7L what could be the issue,thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

It's a 2004 & no it never done this before

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I can see there is lot of antifreeze leaking from the back of the engine, I'm trying to figure out if it's something major or not, engine has 126,000 miles on it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/17/2018
Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Usually when antifreeze (water) is leaking from the rear it can be traced to either a head gasket or freeze plug issue.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on March 17, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Thank you,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 22 days ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave