Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Just put a new chain on my ES 400 electric 18 inch chain saw…

Just put a new...

Just put a new chain on my ES 400 electric 18 inch chain saw but it does not cut??

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just put a new chain on today

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/17/2018
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

Did you by chance install the chain backward ??

How do I know if it is backward?

Hi

Thank you for the response

the high teeth on the chain point forward on the chain

reverse the chain you will be OK

I hope this helps you

Waye

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi

Here is a Pic of it

click here to see it

That worked- thanks

Hi

You are welcome

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

so I get credit for the question

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder