Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a troy-built power washer model # 020337 and the gas…

I have a troy-built...

I have a troy-built power washer model # 020337 and the gas is leaking from the carburetor. I took it apart and I don't see anything that is really wrong. All seals seem to be in place.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started but I haven't used the washer for a year.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It was empty and I put new fuel in it today. I could not find the shutoff valve so I took tilted the gas tank up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know what I'm doing? I could use a schmatic of the engine so I can check that all parts are there.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.
Did you check your needle valve and seat to see if they are sealing properly? Check your float to see if it has cracked and allowing fuel to enter inside.
If your engine has not been started in a year, it is very likely that your carburetor will need a new needle and seat.
Stale gas will turn to gum and varnish, then prevent your needle from properly seating.
It will be best if you remove your carburetor and totally disassemble it, and give it a really good cleaning.
You may consider replacing your carburetor. The carburetor for your engine is not very expensive.
In order to get a schematic, I will need the model numbers for your engine. We can continue from here.
I have removed it and taken all apart I don’t see any crakes in the float.This is what I see on the engine for numbers. T02 0295 B1 09071458
Here was no gas in the engine as it set
Thanks. There should be three more numbers after T02?
126
Maybe it’s hard to see those first 3 numbers.
Although there was not any gas left inside your fuel tank, some remained in your fuel bowl after your last use.
Those are all the numbers I can make out.

Thanks! These numbers will work for me.

the whole number is
126 T02 0295 B1 09071458
what should I do just buy a whole new carburetor or a kit to replace everything

To be honest, I would replace the carburetor. Sometimes these carburetors can be difficult to correctly repair.

You can find very inexpensive new carburetors for your engine on eBay.

Ok where can I buy one at the best price that you know of?
What is the correct part number that I need to look for?

There are 3 different carburetors for your engine. I need to know if you have auto choke or a primer bulb?

Auto choke because I don’t have a bulb to push

Part numbers 799866

Please click on the eBay. You will see several to choose from.

Clean your fuel tank before installing your new carburetor.

Ok thanks

You’re very welcome! When you have an opportunity, please take a moment to rate my service.

I will also need the two springs that go on the auto choke as well.Is there a video or schematic that will show me all parts to the engine so I can double check as I put it back together? I still think beyond this fix the auto choke may not be working well. Or something is missing.
Did you get that last question?

I will get the part numbers for you.

a total schematic if that is available on-line.

I am away from my computer at the moment. I will return at 11:00 pm central time tonight. I check for a good video and a schematic for you.

I am back with you. I found a video that may be helpful to you.

Video - Click Here

Governor Spring - Part #691290

Air Vane Spring - Part #790849

The engine in the video may not be identical to your engine, but the procedure is the same. As you are removing parts, take pictures and make notes as you go. This will help make re-assembly much easier.

I am attaching another video that shows how to remove your carburetor.

2nd Video - Click Here

After you watch both videos, you should have a much better understanding of how to remove and replace your carburetor. We can continue from here. Thank you again for allowing me to work with you.

Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician