Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I can't get my club car gas to run after i crank it thought…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my club car gas to run after i crank it thought it had abad gas tank vent assembly it made no difference when rrhis was replaced. could i hace a fuel pump problem

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Started several weeks ago i hace had the cart 7 or 8 years.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I do have fuel in the tank and it is new i thiink i have tthe shut off valve in the proper setting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if not too hjard i am in a wheell chair

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think i have covered the problem.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
3/16/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the fuel line at the carburetor and see if there is fuel pumping when cranking.

Do you have the pulse fuel pump or an electric fuel pump? The suction hoses up to the fuel pump intake have to be vacuum tight for fuel to be sucked.

I see the question is still open?